Kissimmee, FL– The USSSA Pride will host their first series at ESPN Wide World of Sports in Kissimmee, FL on July 13th. After a long haul on the road the Pride are back in Florida to face the Chicago Bandits in a four-game series from July 13th-16th. This is the tenth series of the 2015 season for the Pride and the second facing the Bandits.
The Pride are coming off a four-game series sweep played in Washington, PA against the Pennsylvania Rebellion. The Pride took all four games and shutout the Rebellion three out of the four games. The USSSA Pride are now 19-7 on the season while the Chicago Bandits are 21-7 as they face each other for the second time this season.
First pitch for game one and two of the series on July 13th and July 14th is set for 7:05 PM (ET) and both will be aired live on CBS Sports Network. First pitch for game three on July 15th is scheduled for 8:00 PM (ET) and on July 16th first pitch is set for 7:05 PM (ET) once again. Stay tuned for where you can watch games three and four against the Bandits.
Follow the Pride all season long on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for all game or team updates.
Pride Players to Watch:
- Jordan Taylor has 7 saves under her belt with 24 strikeouts in 18.2 innings pitched. She leads the Pride pitching staff in ERA at .38.
- Brigette Del Ponte is 2nd on the Pride in slugging percentage and on-base percentage at .553 and .429 respectively. She has three home runs on the season and 10 RBI.
- Shelby Pendley, with 21 hits, 34 total bases and 11 RBI has been on offensive asset and continues to be effective for the Pride.
- Natasha Watley is pushing a .333 batting average, second on the Pride with a total of 18 hits. Watley stands in the lead of position with an on-base percentage of .410.
- Kelly Kretschman is back at leading the NPF with a .402 batting average and leads the NPF with 35 hits.
Chicago Players to Watch:
- Amber Patton is 3rd in the NPF with a batting average 0f .369. She leads the Bandits with 18 runs scored and is second with 39 total bases on the season so far.
- Brittany Cervantes is the defending 2014 NPF Homerun Champion (12) and leads the Bandit’s with 18 RBI, still first in the NPF. Cervantes is currently 2nd in the NPF with a .371 batting average and has six home runs on the season, tied with Kretschman of the Pride and Schlopy of the Racers.
- Monica Abbott has a .64 ERA and totals 80 strikeouts, second only behind Cat Osterman of the Pride. Abbott leads the Bandit’s pitching staff with has a 6-1 record on the season.
- Pride coach Travis Wilson is former assistant coach of Lacey Waldrop of the Chicago Bandits who played for Florida State University.
- This is the first of three series of the 2015 season the Pride will play in Florida. They will host the Chicago Bandits, PA Rebellion and the Akron Racers at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports. The only team they will not host in Florida is the Dallas Charge.
- The Pride at 19-7 are only two wins behind the Chicago Bandits who have a record of 21-7.
You must purchase tickets in person at the box office of ESPN’s Wide World of Sports located at 700 South Victory Way, Orlando, FL 34747. General admission is $17 for adults ages 10+ and $12 for children ages 3-9. Find your local CBS Sports Network channel here.
About USSSA Florida Pride:
The USSSA Florida Pride is a professional franchise in the National Pro Fastpitch League that is owned and operated by USSSA. The amateur organization of USSSA has multi-sport coverage and encompasses teams and players from the United States and abroad.
About the NPF:
National Pro Fastpitch is headquartered in Nashville, TN. The league, created to give elite female fastpitch players the opportunity to pursue a professional career in their chosen sport, has operated since 1997 under the names of Women’s Pro Fastpitch (WPF) and Women’s Pro Softball League (WPSL). NPF is the Official Development Partner of Major League Baseball in the category of women’s fastpitch softball since 2002.
USSSA is headquartered in Osceola County, Florida. USSSA is the World’s Largest Multi-sport Athletic Organization. Founded in 1968, USSSA has grown to over 3.7 million participants, competing in 13 nationally sanctioned sports including Baseball, Fastpitch, Slow Pitch, Karate, Basketball, Soccer and more! For more information on USSSA and to register your team visit USSSA.com. Also be sure to visit USSSAToday.com for the latest USSSA.