Kissimmee, FL—June 22, 2016— The USSSA Florida Pride are set to face the PA Rebellion at Coca-Cola Park June 23rd and 24th in a two-game series.
So far this season, the Pride and Rebellion have met five times. Last night, the Pride took game five to earn a 3-2 winning record against the Rebellion. The Pride, now 8-3 overall following last light’s finale, are beginning their third consecutive series against the Rebellion tonight. First pitch for both nights is set for 7:00 PM (ET).
Thursday, June 23rd, 7:00 PM (ET) Purcase Tickets
Friday, June 24th, 7:00 PM (ET) Purchase Tickets
Pride players to watch:
- Sierra Romero: With six games as a starter under her belt, Romero is getting a feel for playing in the pros. She delivered her first home run of her career on June 18th against the Rebellion. Playing as both a DP and a second baseman, Romero is trying to make her way into the daily starting lineup.
- Hallie Wilson: With a .333 batting average and a .364 OBP, Wilson is becoming a reliable player in the Pride offensive lineup. Getting one RBI in each of her last two games and in three of her last four, Wilson is finding ways to drive in runs, a skill valuable in any lineup.
- Kirsti Merritt: Despite having only started six games, Merritt holds the third-highest batting average on the team. A player who walks (6) more than she strikes out (4), Merritt has an OBP of .520. She gets on base following more than half of her plate appearances, giving the top of the Pride lineup more opportunities to drive in runs.
- Jolene Henderson: Holding the best ERA (0.00) of all Pride pitchers, Henderson is tied for the top record (2-0) spot among her teammates. Coming in as relief on Tuesday night, after walking the first batter she faced (just her second in 13.1 IP), Henderson was able to get herself out of a bases-loaded jam. She has shown to be a strong pitcher who can hold teams, either as a starter or a reliever.
Rebellion players to watch:
- Alisa Goler: Holding the second-place spot for batting average on her team, Goler is hitting .326 and slugging .428. She hit two doubles against the Pride on Tuesday as well as two in the series last weekend (June 17th & 18th). Her offensive power looks to be heating up.
- Kristyn Sandberg: Slugging .525, a quarter of Sandberg’s hits have been home runs (3-12). An everyday starter, she has been hit by more pitches than she has strikeouts, and she leads the team in runs scored (10). Sandberg will once again pose a threat to Pride pitchers.
- Miranda Kramer: Although she holds a 3.96 ERA, Kramer also holds the top record on her team, standing at 3-1. In 23 IP, Kramer has given up 25 hits, the lowest of Rebellion pitchers. She’ll look to hold Pride batters to a minimal amount of hits as well as runs.
Tickets to the games range between $7 and $15. Tickets to Thursday’s game can be purchased here, and tickets to Friday’s game can be purchased here. Games will be played at Coca-Cola Park in Allentown, PA
Subscribers can view both games of the series on NPFTV via profastpitch.com.
Live stats links for this weekend’s games can be found on the NPF schedule page.
FOLLOW THE PRIDE
About USSSA Florida Pride: The USSSA Florida Pride is a professional franchise in the National Pro Fastpitch League that is owned and operated by USSSA. The amateur organization of USSSA has multi-sport coverage and encompasses teams and players from the United States and abroad.
About USSSA: The United States Specialty Sports Association (USSSA), headquartered in Osceola County, Florida, USSSA is the World’s Largest Multi-sport Athletic Organization. Founded in 1968, USSSA has grown to over 3.7 million participants, competing in 13 nationally sanctioned sports including Baseball, Fastpitch, Slow Pitch, Karate, Basketball, Soccer and more! For more information on USSSA and to register your team visit USSSA.com. Also be sure to visit USSSAToday.com for the latest USSSA.
About National Pro Fastpitch (NPF): National Pro Fastpitch (NPF), an Official Development Partner of Major League Baseball since 2002, provides elite female athletes with an opportunity to pursue a professional career in diamond sports beyond their collegiate success. The 2016 NPF season will be televised on CBS Sports Network. Coverage includes the NPF College Draft presented by Bownet on Thur., April 14, followed by 23 regular-season games, a Championship Series Preview Special and the 2016 NPF Championship Series. The NPF recently announced that the Scrap Yard Dawgs, located in The Woodlands, Texas, will join the Akron Racers, Chicago Bandits, Dallas Charge, Pennsylvania Rebellion and USSSA Florida Pride for the 2016 season. National Pro Fastpitch players hail from the U.S., Australia, Canada, Japan, the Netherlands and New Zealand, representing the most accomplished and talented athletes in the sport of women’s softball